|Properties||Inflamable, White Crystals|
We are the manufacturer, trader & supplier of Monochloroacetic Acid
. The offered monochloroacetic acid is highly inflammable and is available in the form of white crystals. This monochloroacetic acid is used for manufacturing sequestering agents such as sodium salt of ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (edta), nitrification acetic acid & herbicides. Customers can avail this monochloroacetic acid from us as per their necessities.
- Highly pure
- Accurate composition
- Highly inflammable
Monochloroacetic Acid is used as a raw material or intermediate in the manufacture of the following important chemicals:
- Herbicides such as 2.4.D, 2.4.5. Trichlorophenoxyacetic Acid, etc.
- Sequestering agents such as sodium salt of Ethylenediaminetetraacetic Acid (EDTA) Nitrilotriacetic Acid, etc.
- Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose (CMC).
- Carboxymethyl Starch
- Glycolic Acid
- Thioglycolic Acid
- Cyanoacetic Acid and its esters
- Dyes such as indigo
- Substituted Guar Gums
- Monochloroacetic Acid is inflammable, but under normal conditions it does not pose any hazard
- Monochloroacetic Acid as well as its strong solution causes serious irrition with burns to the skin its vapour is also very painful and irritating
- Goggles and gloves must be worn while handling the product
- Rubber boots or shoes be used if there is a spillage of the product
- In case of the large spillage, first spread soda ash or soda bicarb liberally and then wash with plenty of water
- Contaminated clothes should be removed and washed before reuse
- In case of injury to the skin, drench it with water and then wash thoroughly with soap and water
- Apart from all these precaution, looking to the seriousness of the case, medical aid must be obtained
|Appearance||White crystalline powder|
|Monochloroacetic Acid||99% min.|
|Dichloroacetic Acid||0.57% max.|
|Other Acids||0.5% max.|
|Boiling Point||189 c|